Sunday 8 August 2010

Both Sides Of The Brain


I've been reading about dominant brain halves and localisation of brain functions and decided to take some quizzes online.
At first I thought it was a mistake, but I have done most tests that cames up on Google: every single one had the same result! T
he numbers added up to be equal for both sides. Which means that I rely on my right and left brain halves equally in every day life.
The reason this is in any way relevant to this blog shall be revealed at a later time... Yep, I'm gonna leave you hanging and be all mysterious and annoying about it.
Anywho, I don't know why this test decided that I am left-brainer, despite having equal results for both. I guess they didn't consider that possibility... It's interesting nonetheless and I recommend reading about it and doing the tests - they're fun, if nothing else!

I have posted my results below - as well as links for you to follow and do your own.

Which side do you use?

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture.

Some of the traits associated with the left side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your left sides gets the most exercise.

Type of Cognitive Processing

Brief Description

LinearProcessing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression.
Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.
Symbolic Processes symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.
LogicalProcesses information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.
VerbalProcesses thoughts and ideas with words.
Reality-Based Processes information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations



Click here for the test http://tinyurl.com/lv3n9l or just look it up on the internet. There are literally dozens.. There is also a visual exercise to help balance out dominance http://tinyurl.com/37vtdpu
I do not take any responsibility for headaches incurred from trying this too many times!!

It's actually a fascinating topic and hilarious, too. As a taster some famous faces, where the left and right sides were mirrored!!!





Middle Brain xx

No comments:

Post a Comment