Wednesday 16 June 2010

Getting Carle-d away...

There is so much I want to share, but can not yet... All I can say is: this has been one full-on day!
Plans have kept changing, and as we struggled to make do, better people, options, solutions and ideas have been entering our brains and lives. It has been amazing and inspiring, and I know I sound like a hippie, but in my experience, it is best to let go of things that aren't working, because it makes space for things, people etc that will. Maybe, it's kind of like magnetic energy - you just need to remove whatever is blocking it to make way for the right piece to find you.

I am feeling very very satisfied, I love being challenged and giving my best, consciously being present in every moment, focusing on the positive, and getting s*** done.

Have too much stuff to do to post a proper entry - preparing for my first (non-family-skype-get-together) CONFERENCE CALL with LA and NYC! Feeling super excited, might whip on a power shoulder jacket just to look the part. No, they won't be able to see me, it's not video conferencing, but who cares. It's not about that!

What I shall post here though is my major find of the day. It is not directly work related, but it is definitely related to childhood and magic and memories. And it's giving me lots of ideas for complementary products to our clothes...

I have to admit, I am baffled at how mesmerisingly beautiful and entertaining these illustrations, this story and the book's tactility still is to me, 20 some years on...

.


(copyright Eric Carle - The Very Hungry Caterpillar)


(Also love this book, because - any one who has spent time with me during the day knows this - I am ALWAYS hungry / eating..)

Really feel like Baby Issa is in the cocoon stage now - it's a super busy incubator - actually more like a bee hive!

Another photo shoot tomorrow.
We're shooting every look on the super cute Carlotta - aunt to my daughter M - at my friend Sonia's photo studio. Although our photographer dropped out at the last minute, we'll be able to do it anyway, because luckily Sonia is a photographer, too!!!

Update tomorrow!

Fingers crossed the photos will be a butterfly NOT a caterpillar!!! ;)




xoxo Not a Girl, not yet a Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment